Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ice Cream Master Piece

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to go along with this post, but it was so funny that I have to post about it.

We were eating at Western Sizzlin tonight and I was helping the boys with dessert. Easton wanted ice cream and I thought Lawson wanted cookies. I was holding Lawson with one hand and got Easton a small bowl of soft serve ice cream with the other. I put the bowl down and started to get Lawson some cookies in another bowl. I heard Easton quietly saying, "Momma? momma? Look Momma." I guess I was only half listening but finally listened enough to turn around and look. I looked at Easton and he was standing perfectly still staring and pointing at the ice cream machine still quietly saying, "Momma?". To my great amazement and shock, I saw the largest pile of ice cream I have ever seen. Apparently, I did not quite push the ice cream lever all the way up and the ice cream was still coming out piling higher and higher - in perfect circles I might add!

I quickly put Lawson down and begged him not to run off while I shut off the machine and started grabbing bowls and spoons and scraping ice cream into the bowls. I could only get 2 bowls when I was laughing so hard that I just had to get back to the table.

I told Mat and he went up to inspect my damage. He got his own bowl of ice cream from my master piece as well. He said he saw several people with very intriguing looks on their faces. He just told them, "Well, I don't want it to go to waste." : )

Needless to say, we were all very full of ice cream when we got home tonight and I will never fail to push the lever all the way up again!!!

3 comments:

Jamey said...

"....and begged Lawson to not run away...." I know exactly what you mean!

Oh how funny!!! Wish I could have been there to see it.

Mama said...

You looked beautiful the night of your surprise party on the boat! That was a really fun time! I love you, sweetheart!!

Mama said...

I wish I could have been there to see the ice cream event!! Sounds like one of "I Love Lucy's" shows!!!!
You're so funny!! I love you!!