Tuesday, February 12, 2008

After the flu....

Well, we had a really rough week last week. I pray we do not have to go through that again for a very long time. I took both boys back to the doctor this morning because they both are still sick. Lawson has a touch of pneumonia now and an ear infection. Easton has fluid on both ears and a stomach ulcer from all the throwing up. The doctor gave both of the them antibiotics, so hopefully they will both start to feel better now. There is absolutely nothing sadder than sick babies.  They are so helpless and pitiful. Dr. Moore said we are definately over the worst of it now and after another week or so, maybe everyone will be back to normal. I don't think I have ever experienced the flu like I did this past week. The actual flu is awful! We will be getting the flu shot next year for sure.  

Easton has periods of feeling better and I can see him acting like his old self. Sunday night, he and Mat made Pirate hats and he went "hunting for treasure." That was the first time since he got sick that he really felt like playing. It was wonderful to see!

I have been working hard to keep Lawson's fever down. When his fever is under control, he will still smile at me through his runny baby nose and heart-breaking coughs. It's amazing how much a smile from him can lift my spirits. His smiles are so genuine and honest. I love him!

Thank you so much for all your prayers. I know it was only with the Lord's strength that we were able to make it through last week. I am glad that we serve an ever-caring and ever-providing Savior.  It  doesn't matter what is going on in my life, He will always be the Lifter of my Head. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Daisha said...

One of my biggest nightmares is having both kids sick at once.

Glad to know your family is on the mend.

-Daisha

Jamey said...

The descriptions of their ailments sounds so sad. You all have been great troopers to get through it all.

Bethany said...

I am glad that you are all on the mend! Having sick babies is horrible...but it sounds like you survived. Congrats!