Can you believe it...I am finally posting again?? After several months of not documenting anything and barely having time to snap pictures here and there, I am going to try to do better. I am feeling very guilty and disappointed that there have been so many events that have taken place in the last 4 to 5 months that I don't have record of. It is too overwhelming for me to try to actually get "caught up" on my blog, so I guess I am just going to start from here. I may occasionally go back and post something that I remember or some cute pictures, but I am not making any promises. : )
After Christmas, I began working with Mat at the office 2 days a week. It was not expected, but with some business personnel changes, we decided it was the best option for now. We had to quickly find child care for the boys and the Lord blessed us with an absolutely wonderful lady to watch Lawson all day for 2 days a week and Easton half day after Carpenter's Kids. It was extremely difficult for me to come to grips with not being home everyday with Lawson like I have been with Easton, but I think all in all, it has worked out great. I enjoy getting out of the house a few days a week and being with adults and Mat, and I also get to enjoy being home with the boys. So I guess right now, it is the best of both worlds.
As far as the boys go, Easton is growing up so much and acting a lot older. His vocabulary is out of this world. He amazes me all the time with the words he uses. Easton has the sweetest personality and loves to play with other kids, especially his cousins. He has such a desire to please and be accepted. He is just heart-broken if he thinks I am upset with him. He is a great big brother and helps me with Lawson all the time. They play good together and have so much fun. I love to hear them chasing each other and laughing. Of course, it is not all fun and games. They can both be very territorial when it comes to toys they are playing with. Unfortunately, Lawson hasn't grasped the concept of sharing just yet, which has caused great aggravation with Easton on several occasions.
And Lawson....oh Lawson....where do I begin??? He and Easton are total opposites. Lawson is very sweet too but he is definitely more strong-willed and adventurous than Easton. Lawson is a climber and is not scared of anything. Well, except maybe the vacuum cleaner. He makes us laugh all the time with his little mischievous expressions. I think that Lawson is definitely going to give us a run for our money as he grows up. He is constantly on the go and wears me out. Just within this last week, he has proved to me again that he cannot be trusted to be left alone in a room. He will find things that I don't even know are there and destroy them. : )
Wednesday, I was doing the dishes while the boys were playing in the next room. I saw Easton run through to my bedroom and noticed that Lawson didn't follow. I called for him and there was no answer. I kept on with the dishes and said aloud, "Lawson, you are very quiet. That usually is not a good sign." I started to have a bad feeling and left the water running and poked my head into the playroom. I found him on TOP of the piano. My phone was sitting on the top of the piano and I guess he decided he wanted it. He used a pillow as a step stool and climbed on the piano bench and from there climbed on the the lid covering the piano keys. He was sitting on his knees up there playing with my cell phone. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest as I grabbed him as quickly as I could. He could have slid off and busted his head open. Needless to say, we have no piano bench now. It has been removed until further notice along with several other items he has used for climbing. I am praying that we get through this stage of no-fear climbing without any broken bones.
Life is not boring right now and I know that it will all pass so quickly. Just working 2 days a week has changed things for me so much. I look back on the last few months and everything almost seems like a blur. It is just flown by. That is one main reason why I want to make time to blog. I want to keep up with my thoughts and remember the sweet, funny, and sometimes dangerous things the boys do. I am so thankful for the family God gave me. I want to soak them all up and treasure every moment.
Here are a few recent and a few older pictures:

Christmas 2008

Disney World December 30, 2008
We drove to Florida for New Years and Mat's family reunion. We had a great time! All the grandkids had so much fun playing together with Gammy and Papa Todd.

Disney World December 30, 2008
The boys playing and singing. I am praying that they are both very musical. They both love music. Lawson sings and dances every time he hears something that could remotely sound like music. This was taken a few days before the "top of the piano" incident. : )
Easter Sunday.
This is the best family picture we could get and little Lawson's eyes are half shut.
Before church Sunday morning.
It was so cold here on Easter but I still dressed them in their matching shorts.
My Handsome Easton.
3 comments:
It was great seeing you briefly at Carpenter's Kids.
I've missed keeping up with you and all your boys on your blog.
But this fall, we'll have to keep up in person. :)
-Daisha
Sooooooo glad you're back!!! I've missed you!
Guess what?! Kenny says he's planning on taking some kids to check out Harding and their football team, and he wants the kids and me to tag along. Maybe you and I (and kids of course!) can hang out when we're there!!!!! I don't know when, but I'll definately be in touch.
So glad you're back!!! I've been missing checking on you guys!!!
Post a Comment