

Lawson is now 6 months, 1 week and 6 days old. I am a little behind on doing his post. We have had a lot going on in my family lately. I may have to include some things in this post that should go in next months but that is okay. Lawson continues to surprise me everyday. He is such a happy baby and such a blessing. I can't believe he is 1/2 of a year old. It has gone by soo fast! I feel so blessed to be his momma. I pray that the Lord will continue to bless him as he grows. My Milestones at 6 months:
At my 6 month check-up, I weighed 19 lbs. 7 oz. and was 28 1/4 " long. The doctor said I am still in the 95% for my height, but now between 75-90% for my weight. I went to the doctor again a few days ago and I weighed 20 lbs. with my clothes on. I am growing everyday.
I am eating cereal, vegetables, and fruit now. I seem to like everything that momma gives me now. I have even learned to like green beans. Momma is hoping that I will be a better eater than my brother. I am trying...
My formula has changed several times since my 6 month visit. Momma wanted to switch from Similac Sensitive RS for convenience and money reasons. The doctor said okay so she switch me to Similac Isomil (powder) which made me have poo poo issues and more reflux problems. So, she then tried Enfamil AR (also powder) which helped my reflux but I didn't like it. I cried with almost every bottle. Momma finally gave up last night and went back to my regular Similac Sensitive RS (ready made). It made me really happy. I think we should stick with that!!
I have been sleeping better at night the last few weeks. Before that, I would be very unpredictable sleeping anywhere from 3 to 6 hours at a time. Now I have stretched it out to sleeping anywhere from 5 to 8 hours at a time. Momma says thank you very much!!!
I still take the same naps. About 3 a day - morning, early afternoon, and evening.
I am still a pretty happy baby although I have been battling ear infections lately. Dr. Moore says if we don't get them cleared up, I may have to have tubes in my ears. I heard momma say she would cry if we have to do that so I am trying to be really good and take my medicine so they will get better. We can only have one cry baby around here and that's me! : )
I can sit unsupported very well now. I love to sit and play with toys and watch my brother run around and play. I also love to lay on my tummy and play. I can play on the floor with my toys for long time. Momma says that she is going to have to start putting me in the pack-n-play so she can keep me in one place. I also like to move around a lot.
I can do push ups!! Momma and Daddy were very surprised because my brother never did these as a baby. I push myself up on my hands and my toes with the rest of my body completely off the ground. They think it is the funniest thing so I do it all the time now.
I can also get pretty much anywhere I want to go. I am not crawling in the normal way yet, but I am almost there. I roll, scoot, get up on my hands and knees and rock and hop. It is kinda funny - you would just have to see me. I scoot my knees right underneath my chest close to my hands and then flop forward. Momma says it will be lots easier for me when I learn how to move my legs one at a time instead of together.
I went to the zoo this past month. I was a good traveler.
I love to chew on my hands and anything else I can get to my mouth. I still don't have any teeth, but I sure am trying.
I love my passy more and more. I can take it in and out of my mouth easily now and even chew on the outside parts of it too.
I got my eyes from my daddy. I have really long eyelashes that makes everyone stop and stare! My eyes look brown from a distance, but up close you can see that I have several colors in my eyes that make up the "brown".
I am wearing 9 - 12 month clothes now. Momma got out Easton's box of summer clothes and I can wear lots of them - she was so happy!!!
I am getting a little more shy when it comes to strangers. I will bury my head in my momma's shoulder if I feel scared or embarrassed. I like girls to talk to me better than boys. Some loud noises scare me if I am not expecting them.
I am still a pretty happy baby. Momma says I fill her heart with joy!!!
1 comment:
I love his puch-ups! Those are too cute..but they do look like they would hurt his toes. Ouch. :)
Post a Comment