Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Launching....Searcy.com

Last Friday, my husband's business, Think Advertising, launched Searcy.com, our city's new website. He and his team have been working on this for the past 10-12 months. Mat purchased the former Searcy.com last year, then partnered with the city of Searcy to make it the city's website, completely rebuilt the site, and now have a great tool for the people of Searcy as well as those looking to visit our city. 

Like any large project, the website is still a work in progress. They are continually adding content and will soon begin work on Phase 2 and 3 of the website. The 2 weeks prior to launch, I was able to go work with Mat to help him and the team gather information and add it to the site, work out bugs, etc. So much time goes into the programming but then there is the huge task of finding and adding all the content. My mom graciously kept the boys so I could help out. I was so glad that I was able to be at the office those 2 weeks. Mat and I talk about the business constantly so I feel like I know what is going on, but it makes such a difference being over there and being a part of it in person. It is good for me to do that from time to time for several reasons. I now have a better understanding and appreciation for what Mat does and what we are talking about every night when he comes home. Not to mention, I love being with adults occasionally. It feeds my need to socialize. : )

One of the main reasons for this post is to share how proud I am of my husband. I felt myself well up with tears several times during the ceremony at the city launch party. He and his team have worked really hard to see this come to fulfillment. I felt the launch party was a great success. There were well over 400 people who came out. The mayor spoke as well as our three major site sponsors, Mat gave a short demonstration of the site, Docs Grill provided the delicious food and everyone seemed to have a great time. As the speeches were being made, I listened and stood back in amazement. The things said about Mat and the business warmed my heart. We have been through many ups and downs over the last few years and to see how the Lord has provided is simply humbling. He has truly been and continues to be our Provider. We have learned something we thought we already knew but now in a deeper way. We cannot take one step without the Lord first going before us and preparing the way. We rely completely on Him and Him alone. He gives us daily our daily bread. We praise Him and glorify Him. He is so faithful. 

If you have a minute, go to Searcy.com and browse around. Let me know your feedback - we know there are a lot of things we still need to improve on to make the site the best it can be. Thanks for listening.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you so much for my wonderful husband. Thank you for his kind, giving heart, his hard working attitude, his willingness to never give up, his creative nature, his courage to take on challenges and the ability to problem solve as necessary, for his love for me and our children, and mostly for his love for You. Lord, please bless him as his strives to walk in Your will. Thank you Lord for loving us and being our Savior. Thank you for providing for us and being so faithful. Lord, I love you with all my heart, mind, soul and strength. My life is in Your hands and I am soo thankful. In your precious Holy name, Amen.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, the website is awesome! It has everything and much more than I would've ever thought to put on there. I love the movie listings, the menus, everything. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweet comments Shell. I don't know if I deserve the quantity of accolades you posted, but it is deeply appreciated.

The truth is... the Lord does promise to provide and He promises to provide for today [only]. We felt like we had the faith to believe that, but after the past year, I believe He has stretched us to make sure we REALLY believe it.

Forever our testimony is to give to God first and trust Him to see us through. Giving first and believing without seeing is very hard, but He has never failed us yet and He is always on time...His time.

Anonymous said...

Shelley-

I just wanted to let you know that I am thoroughly enjoying your blog. It is such a blessing to get to see how you are doing. Easton and Lawson are just precious. I hope we can get together soon.

Devon

Anonymous said...

P.S.

Chris and I checked out Searcy.com and we are impressed.

Bethany said...

Oh you guys! I am proud of the both of you...and the Think Advertising Team. I can say, "I knew you when!" :) It's so encouraging to hear people praise our God even when sometimes it's hard to see what He is up to. We are going through one of the periods in our life where literally DAILY we have to wait on God. I know that He loves us more than we can even know and only has the best instore us. Thanks for reminding me....

Peeking up from the valley,
Bethany

Caroline said...

I love your prayer. Thank you for sharing that. And thanks for your sweet comment on my post about my background with OCD. It meant a lot. See you this week at the reunion?

Me said...

Shelley,

It is so exciting what God has done with your business. The website is incredible! More incredible than that, is how humble you and Mat both are and how quick you are to give God all the glory. I praise the Lord for how He uses you to spur me on and keep me focused on Christ. I praise the Lord that your precious boys have the Gospel lived out in front of them and pray that one day Christ will use you and Mat's example to bring your boys to a saving faith in Him. Thank you for sharing this!

God Bless!
Leigh