Yes, yes, I am an American Idol fan. I have watched the show since the second season and love to predict who will win. The winner hasn't always been my choice but Mat and I have been very good at guessing the top few from the beginning audition rounds. I am so excited to have our very own Kris Allen in the TOP 2!!! Yeah for Arkansas! He has represented us well and I appreciate his humble spirit.
I actually talked Mat into driving us all to Conway last Friday evening for his Homecoming Parade. We laughed all the way there that we were really going. I mean I am almost 29 years old. Mat laughed and said it would be one thing if we had little girls who really were into the whole thing, but no - we have two very small little boys. ha ha!!
We pulled into Conway not knowing exactly where to go and just parked and started following the crowds of people. We got so lucky and walked right upon the American Idol Limo. We waited outside the Chamber of Commerce and had a front row view of him beginning the parade. He and his precious little wife were just amazed at the crowds of people. It was really neat to see their expressions and watch them take in just how famous they are now. The whole experience was a lot of fun and I am so glad that we went. Ha ha!
I am hoping that next week Kris will win with flying colors. Here are a few pictures from the big Conway event.
2 comments:
How neat! I've liked Kris from the beginning. I don't know if he does his own arranging for his songs, but if he does, he is definately an artist! I love how he has stringed instruments and uses other instruments to bring power to his songs.
When I saw the title of your blog, I thought you had entered and won Arkansas Idol or something! You would totally win if that did happen!
We went too!!!! HAHA! I laughed too...however, we DO have two little girls who are HUUUUUGE Kris Allen fans! (Makes a good cover up!) :) You had a great spot. We didn't see the parade b/c we wanted to see the concert...so we pushed and shoved our way to decent "seats" for the show! Fun memories!!! And ....SOOOOO happy he won! Kick Awesome Kris!!
Post a Comment