


Last night Lawson slept for 7 1/2 hours by himself in his cradle. It was wonderful. Yes, I did check on him several times to make sure he was still breathing, but the long night's rest was much needed for both of us. I know they say not to lay them on their tummy's, but this is the only way little Lawson will sleep. I have had trouble with him sleeping ever since he came home from the hospital. He wanted to be held all the time and so needing sleep myself, I gave in. Then he developed reflux and it made it even more difficult for him to sleep laying down, so I kept holding him. Right when the reflux was getting under control, he got sick and was sick for a couple of weeks. During all that time, I learned how to sleep all propped up in the bed holding him. We had our system of pillows that kept he and me all comfy and safely propped up. It was not the best sleep for me but it was sleep. Occasionally, he would sleep in his car seat or the swing or bouncer, but never in his cradle laying down. We started putting him on his tummy for nap-time and discovered he would sleep for longer periods of time without being held. I finally got up the nerve to try it at night. I think he is strong enough and has good enough head control to handle it now. I am so glad I did!!! I pray that this was not a fluke thing. I pray that he continues with this. I will probably still get up and make sure he is breathing for several nights, but at least we are all in separate beds now. Joy, Joy!!!
4 comments:
The angels in heaven sing and rejoice as another mommy got a good nights rest!!!! :)
Congrats!! I am so happy that Lawson is starting to sleep better. I too will send up a little prayer to heaven on his....and your's...behalf.
Here's to many more restful nights!
CHEERS!!
I'm so so so so happy for you....
...yet very jealous all at the same time! ;)
Avery was consistently sleeping through the night by this point...don't know what Braden's deal is.
Both of my kids are tummy-sleepers. 20 years ago "they" said not to put babies on their backs...
You have to do what works for your baby. :)
HI! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog. I think the first time you did was right after you started your blog, and I had trouble getting to it for some reason. No trouble now! Trust me, I'll be a regular!
Oh, thank heavens for Lawson sleeping through the night. It's then that you start feeling human again, huh?!
Post a Comment