Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ahhs...Coos...Was that a laugh?















Lawson is becoming more and more aware all the time of what is going on around him. He looks for me when I walk away and will smile almost every time I talk to him. He has even started trying to talk (or coo) back. He does the extremely sweet, high pitched, "Ahh". I love it! He plays with his hands now, too. He will just sit there and hold them up in front of his face and stare as his little eyes cross. :)  He also loves to lay under his Play Gym and bat at the toys. Yesterday, I was talking to him and he smiled and "ahh-ed" at the same time. It was soo big, it almost sounded like a laugh. I am sure it wasn't, but it thrilled my heart. Lawson is quite a bit more demanding than Easton was, but he is every bit worth it. I am so excited to watch him grow and learn. It makes it even more fun because I know from having Easton how exciting each new phase is. I think we have reached the point now where every week he will be doing something new. I am so thankful God has blessed us with another wonderful baby boy to love. Easton loves him too (as long as Lawson isn't screaming). Easton talks to him in baby talk and will try to put the pacifier in Lawson's mouth. Easton wanted Lawson to play hide and seek in the covers the other night and I had to explain that he was still too little. I know East will be very happy when they can play together.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Ooohhhh! I wanna kiss that baby's cheeks! Both your boys are just precious. People ask me all the time if I miss the baby stage...funny thing is I only miss being able to smootch on a baby all day. One of my "babies" is getting to "cool" to be kissed on all the time. So I take what I can get. Luckily, #2 baby still loves to snuggle! :) For now. Savor all those coos and squeals! (When they get older, the squeals become annoying! :)hahaha!)

Jamey said...

Don't you love the cooos!!! They are my favorite. Braden has started laughing out loud and it's too cute. I love that Easton is concerned and helpful with Lawson.