Friday, January 18, 2008

New to This

Well, I have wanted to do this for a while, but just finally decided it was time. I have been worrying for quite sometime wondering if I am documenting enough of Easton and Lawson's new developments. I am not much of a scrap-booker, so I am hoping this will be my way of journaling what is happening in our lives. I guess this blog is for me more than anything else. I just want to be able to look back and read sweet and special things that the boys did. I wish I had started this when Easton was born 2 1/2 years ago, but better late than never, right?

I hope that whoever reads this blog will enjoy the stories and updates on our kids. I am just like any other proud parent who thinks that most everything their kids do is precious. With a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 week old, my time is very limited. My goal is to update at least once a week. We will see.... 


To get up to date...
Easton is 2 1/2 and a bundle of
 joy. He has a very sweet personality and keeps us
 laughing all the
 time. He has a very large vocabulary and says some of the cutest things. Lawson is 9 weeks old and is very cute. He gets his good looks from his dad. Right now we are battling reflux and not sleeping very well. I am not sure if it is because of his reflux or if he is just spoiled, but he doesn't like to sleep laying down. So....if I want to sleep, I usually end up holding him.  I am hoping he will grow out of the reflux and in turn will sleep better. 

Mat and I are so blessed to be the parents of 2 healthy boys. I praise the Lord for them both! My prayer is that we are able to raise them with a love for the Lord and a desire to do His will.  I am thankful that I am able to stay home with them while they are small. I would hate to miss being able to watch them grow and learn. For instance, Lawson has been smiling for several weeks now, but everytime he looks at me and I see that big gummy smile, my heart overflows with joy. I don't want to miss a thing!!!

I could write more but my time is up. Duty calls! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your blog going!

Jamey said...

Yeah!!! Now I can keep up with you and your beautiful family!

By the way; I loved your Christmas cards...they were wonderful.

Shelley said...

Thanks Jamey!-I miss you!
-Shelley

Kenny Simpson said...

Glad to keep up with your family. Jamey and I are hoping to come that way around spring sing time so maybe we'll see you if we do.

Bethany said...

Yeah! So glad that I can keep up with my "short and tall friends" now! :) Good luck with your blog and I look forward to some tales!
Love you,
B

Mama said...

Well....aren't you just with it!!!!
Hope you can keep up with your posting from time to time. With those two precious babies, you have lots of news, but not much time!! I love you!
Mama

Me said...

Such a great blog! I can't wait to see more of what God is doing in your life! We will pray that God will draw your boys to Himself and will one day bring them to a saving faith in Him! How precious they both are. How wonderful that they have two loving parents who love the Lord and are faithful to raise them in a Gospel-Centered home.

Thank you for sharing this!
God Bless!