Thursday, January 24, 2008

Easton's First Movie

A few weeks ago we took Easton on his first trip to the movie theater. We saw "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" - a VeggieTales movie. Easton loves the VeggieTales and watches them at home all the time. He also loves pirates. He goes around singing the pirate song from the Backyardagains cartoon all the time. "A pirate, a pirate, a pirate says 'arhgg' " In fact, today he was playing pirate and he told me that he was "Pirate Easton" and I was "Captain Momma". That is his new thing - giving us all names depending on what he is pretending at the time. For instance when he is a super-hero, he is Super Easton and we are Super Momma and Super Daddy. Anyway, I have gotten way off subject - which, as you know, is not the least bit unusual.
Easton loved the whole movie experience. I think he may have loved the popcorn or "pa-corn" more than the actual movie though. He was chowing down! I had to actually take the popcorn bucket away a few times and let him take a break. I was afraid he was gonna get a tummy ache. He watched the movie really good for the most part. He may have been a bit bored because he had Mat take him to the bathroom around 3 times. By the end of the movie, he was ready to get up and go again. He has talked about the movie several times since. He says, 
"Momma, remember when we saw that big pirate movie, momma, remember?" Yes, Easton. "Momma, remember when we ate pa-corn, momma, remember?"
I am so glad that we took him and he had a good time. Thanks to my mom for keeping Lawson so Mat and I could have a date with Easton. What wonderful, fun memories! I know Pirate Easton won't forget it anytime soon.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey Captain Mamma! I actually have a shirt that says "Captain Cook" from a VBS a LONG time ago! I am glad that you got to have a special date night with just Easton. We do that with our kids too! They love it. Not only do they get a special date with mom or dad...the one left behind has a "date" with Marmie and Poppie (or the other parent!).

Jamey said...

How fun!!!! I'm sure that will be a date you, Mat and Easton will never forget!

I love hearing stories about how he talks, or pretends. It's amazing how kids can be the same even though they are miles apart. He reminds me of Avery.