Sunday, January 27, 2008

Losing my mind

I am going to tell on myself so just get ready:

Okay, now a mother of two, I sometimes think I am losing my mind. A few weeks ago, I was helping Easton eat his Strawberry Cream Oatmeal. He was running around watching tv and playing and I was sitting on the floor next to Lawson in the swing. Whenever Easton would come by, I would stick a bite of oatmeal in his mouth. It was kind of a mindless task while I was trying to keep Lawson happy. Before I knew it, I put the spoon up to Lawson's mouth and was sticking it in. I realized what I was doing when he started spitting it out with his tongue. I quickly wiped it out with a rag and declared I had officially lost my mind. I was feeding my newborn baby Strawberry Cream Oatmeal with a spoon! What was I thinking? I was definitely sleep deprived.

If that wasn't bad enough, this past Friday I had another lapse of rational thinking. I was changing Lawson's diaper and Easton was in the room with me talking to me and asking me questions. I was trying to get the diaper on Lawson and wasn't having very good luck. When I looked down and realized what I was doing.....it was a PULL-UP! That's right, a Pull-Up. I had done it again. Lost my mind. I even had one little tiny leg in it. Keep in mind Lawson is not much bigger than the Pull-Up. It was quite a sight! I hope that is my last episode.

 I think I need more sleep. Ha ha!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

There is nothing wrong with losing your mind with TWO small kids in the house..nevermind one is a newborn! :) I have done that and mine are a little older than yours and I am NOT lacking sleep! :) So what's my excuse? Who knows.
When my girls were babies, I know that I did crazy things...one in particular was I had a bottle of breast milk for Eden sitting next to my orange juice and I was feeding Tatum breakfast...you see where this is headed? Okay I went to take a sip of OJ and ended up with a bottle in my mouth. Tatum laughed and thought that Mommy was a silly mommy. Two blessings to this story: 1. I realized it was the bottle before I "sipped." 2. I was Tatum's comedian for a little while and made her laugh! No harm no foul!
Love,
Bethany

Jamey said...

I LOVE it! I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being honest! It happens...more than you want it to...but it happens. I actually put one of Lily's pullups on Jordyn once because I ran out of diapers!

It has been so long, I saw your link on the reunion website and thought I'd see what you were up to! I'm coming to the reunion, I hope to see you! :-)