Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Second Generation Friends

Last Friday night, 3 of my closest friends from High School came over with their children for a very large sleep over. Altogether, there were 4 adults and 6 children. Me and my 2 boys, 4 months and 2 1/2 years. Amy and her two, 6 months and 3 years. Robbye and her little girl, 2 years. And Laura brought her youngest daughter who is 17 months. She figured her older 3 boys wouldn't be as interested in the "baby party." We had soo much fun! The children who could walk played and had the best time and we took turns holding each other's babies and oohing and awing over who they look like and all those girly fun things to do. The kiddos were so excited to have playmates, it took us a while to get them to bed so we could have our usual "quiet talk time". We may have slept around 3 hours the whole night, but it was so worth it. I love these girls. This year will be our 10 year reunion from High School. We have stayed in touch and made an effort to get together every year, sometimes more than once a year. We have gone to Dallas, Branson, Memphis, Little Rock, and countless gatherings in Searcy. When we were in High School, we talked about staying friends so that our children would be friends and grow up knowing one another and we have done it. I don't think there are many people who are as blessed to have friends like these who have stood with you through the good and bad times and helped you come out on the other side of both. I praise the Lord for these girls and for giving me these priceless relationships. We are already starting the planning for our next big "ho-rah" and I can't wait!!! 

Left to right: Ryleigh, 2, Hannah, 17 months, Macy, 6 months, 
Canaan, 3, Easton, 2 1/2, Lawson, 4 months 
Canaan and Easton became great friends this weekend.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Don't you just love friends!?! That is so great that you have those girls to "grow" with. I feel that way about my old Highway friends...these days I hardly know anyone there..but I love to catch up with our Heart Group folks! (It's time for another Catchphrase game!...doo doo doo dooodododoodododododododo....BEEEP!) Did you get a vision of Joe? hahahahaha!

Shelley said...

I'm ready for that too. Sign me up!!! Those are great memories.

Amanda said...

How fun! I'm so glad you girls were able to get together with your kids. I know that must have been so much fun! Aren't we so blessd to have such great friends from high school!

Amanda said...

I bet you and Amy had some interesting late night talks (both of you being able to fall asleep at the drop of a hat.) Lots of half told stories. I remember we used to time Amy going to sleep at night. We teased her about falling asleep in 0.2 seconds. She really did fall asleep in about 10 seconds while we were timing her. Amazing! Your boys are so cute! I can't decide who Easton looks like. He's a perfect combination, but Lawson is yours!