Last weekend we went to Branson for a little get-a-way. I guess I was really the one who wanted to get away. We had a good time even though the weather didn't cooperate. My plan was to go to Silver Dollar City, but the cold and rain kept us away. I know Easton would have loved it, but maybe next time. We left on Friday and the 3 hour drive took us about 5 hours with all the stops, bathroom breaks, diaper changes, etc. I guess I am kinda weird, but I like the adventure of taking them somewhere. It is always a challenge, but we are making memories, right? When we got there, we got checked in and then went to play indoor putt putt golf. Easton absolutely loves it. He hits the ball really hard and gets it down near the hole and then picks it up and puts it right beside the hole and hits it in. We all cheer and he is ready to go to the next one. Mat and I played with him some, but really we were just there to have another ball for him to hit in. If we didn't make a hole-in-one, our turn was over. Easton took it from there. : ) After golf, we walked around inside the Grand Country plaza and found some video games. Mat and Easton played a few, but Easton is still too young to really understand them. We ate pizza and called it a night. The next day it was raining again but we headed down to Branson Landing to the Build-a-Bear store. Easton picked out a turtle, stuffed it, named it Tommy Turtle and dressed it in Pirate Jammies. Next, we took the whole family, including Tommy Turtle, to the ice cream shop next door. Easton loves ice cream just like his daddy. We walked around a little at the Landing, but it was really too cold for the kids so we decided to go back to the hotel and relax. (watched tv, took a nap, etc) That evening we went to none other than the famous Olive Garden and enjoyed some good soup and breadsticks. Yum Yum!! It wouldn't be vacation without Olive Garden or Red Lobster. Easton wanted to go play golf again so we went back to the indoor putt putt and let him have fun. He was so funny watch. When he hits the ball, he runs as fast as he can to catch up with it and wack it again. The next morning, we all woke up not feeling well and Easton had around 102 fever. Needless to say, we decided to head home. It was kinda a rough trip home with him not feeling well, but we made it. He is doing much better now. We think we all must have caught something while we were gone. It is nothing serious, just fever and sore throat stuff. Besides the getting sick part, we had fun and it was nice to get out of town for a few days. I love to watch Easton have fun. I am sure our trips will only get more exciting as Lawson gets big enough to enjoy them, too.
On the way...Easton with his Mickey Mouse pillow
Lawson...Happy Traveler
Sugars from momma at the gas station
Easton doing what he loves most - being Tiger Woods.
He really does talk about Tiger when he wants to play golf.
Even though Easton was really too tall for the kiddy putter,
he wanted to use it because it was blue.
Mat and Easton playing a "White Water Rafting" video game.
Easton looks at this picture and says, "Look, we are swimming momma."
Picking out an animal at "Build-a-Bear". He almost went with the dog.
Stepping on the peddle to fill Tommy Turtle with stuffing.
3 comments:
I want to meet Lawson so bad. He is such a cutie. And in every picture he just has a calm smiling face. He must be such a pleasant baby. I am glad that you got to make some memories even though they weren't the ones that you hoped! :) It's all about being flexible right? Miss you guys!
Sounds like fun even with the extra bumps along the way...so sad to have to end on a sick note. Maybe it will pass quickly!
Love all of the pictures. I feel like I know your little ones.
Easton sounds like a really fun kid.
Hey, how did you add the music to your blog? That's really cool.
Daisha
Post a Comment