I have been thinking for a while that I need to write down how Easton is talking now. He says some of the cutest things and I don't want to forget them. I have always found it difficult to sit down and document what is going on with Easton and now that I have 2 children, it is even more difficult for me. I think I am doing okay with Lawson by having the month to month milestone post, but I feel bad because Easton is changing all the time too. I love that little boy soo much. He keeps me and his daddy laughing all the time. Sometimes Mat will say, "Who is this little guy?" because he is always coming up with something new to say and do. He soaks up everything we say and repeats it at the funniest times, but usually in the right context. A few nights ago, he started walking kinda funny across the kitchen and I asked what he was doing. He said, "I am walking like a cowboy." He had he legs spread way apart and was bouncing with each slow step he took. It was too cute! Anyway, here a few of the words, sounds that he still gets confused that makes his speech so precious to listen to....
- He still makes an "f" sound for "th" ("free" instead of three)
- He makes a "wa" sound for all his l's. ("Wahson" instead of "Lawson")
- He sometimes uses the words "how and why" interchangeably. (Ex. "How are you doing that momma?")
- He also uses the words "fun and funny" interchangebly. (Ex. "Let's go swide (slide) momma. That will be really funny.")
- Speaking of the word "really". He always says "reeey" for really. I love that!!!
- He says "do's" for "does". (Ex. Momma, he always do's that.)
- He recently started saying the wrong pronoun for she and he, using "her" and "him" - I am trying to correct this one, but it is kinda cute.
We were eating at Chili's the other night and he picked up the pepper and was going to pepper the chips. Mat said, "Oh no, Easton, that will make them hot." So then, Easton picked up the salt and said, "Will this make them cold?" Too cute.
2 comments:
The salt and pepper thing is too cute...and makes sense. If pepper makes it hot...salt should make it cold. Man, we make things hard on kids! hehe!
The do's for does thing, I LOVE THAT! Zoe just quit doing that herself! I hate correcting her little phrases but I don't want her to be teased at school. When Gabe was around 4 he called Pop Tart's "Top Tarts", so Billy and I called them that too. Well we were at a friends house one day and they had them out on the counter, he asked "Mommy can we have a TOP TART?" Of course it was obvious he had said it wrong, well it was obvious to EVERYONE but him. They all laughed, I felt so bad for him, because I could have corrected him long before this, but it was sweet. I HATE THEM GROWING UP!!!!
Post a Comment